No wonder! Pregnancy brings you multiple changes both physically and mentally. Apart from becoming a mom and the blown-up belly, there is much more emotional and physiological turmoil that comes out over the journey. With putting on extra pounds and unbalanced mood swings you feel like everything is going down and you are out of control.
Well, you can’t control everything, but you can ease out most of them just by practicing a few top pregnancy yoga asanas. This is an excellent way to make your body relax during your pregnancy. Here in this blog post momandcare makes you understand which yoga poses are good for you during pregnancy.
The Need For Practicing Yoga During Pregnancy:
Yoga is a safe and natural way to get fit and healthy. Especially, when you are carrying, it keeps you relaxed. Yoga not only helps you physically but also makes you strong mentally and emotionally.
It’s really good if you are having the habit of practicing yoga before you get conceived, you find it easier during pregnancy. If you don’t have the habit of doing yoga before then it will be a bit difficult when you’re pregnant. So, it’s good to have a word with your doctor before trying any of these poses. Moreover, if you experience any pain while you doing yoga stop immediately and talk to your doctor.
Top Pregnancy Yoga Asanas Should Try:
We have listed some of the top pregnancy yoga asanas, which you can try out comfortably at your own space.
Extended Side Angle Pose:
- Get up straight on your legs and then place your feet at an equal distance synchronized to your shoulders.
- Then bend your leg at the knee by extending the other one sideways. Ensure you have a strong grip so that you won’t fall off.
- Now stretch your hand upwards from the side of your extended leg. Keep it straight above your head.
- Now, bend the other hand at your elbow and put it on the knee that you bend before. Rest your palm open facing upwards.
- Then, hold on to this pose for a minute, based on your comfort. Now, release and go back to your original position.
- Repeat it by exchanging the position of your legs.
2. Ardha Titali Asana (or) Half Butterfly Pose:
- Sit comfortably and then stretch out both the legs to your front.
- Bend your right leg at the knee and make your right foot touched on the left thigh.
- Now try to touch your left foot just by bending your head with both the hands.
- Breathe in and slowly move your right knee towards the chest.
- Then slowly breathe out and place your right knee on the ground based on your comfort.
- Now, go back to the original position and then repeat the same pose with the other leg.
3. PoornaTitali Asana (or) Full Butterfly Pose:
This is one of the top pregnancy yoga asanas that will make you relax and eases out tiredness, stress and tensions of your inner thigh muscles.
- Sit comfortably and stretch your legs out to your front.
- Now, bend both your legs at knees and make your soles touch each other.
- Relax your inner thigh muscles and now hold your feet with both the hands.
- Now, try to bounce your knees slowly upwards and downwards. Make use of your elbows to push down your legs.
- Repeat this asan for about 10 to 20 times and then relax.
4. Vakrasana (or) Twisted Pose:
This asana will relax all your muscles around hands, legs, neck, and spine as well as the organs in your abdomen area.
- Sit straight and pull out your legs in the front direction.
- Now, breathe in slowly and widen up your arms at your shoulder level. Ensure that your palms should face downwards.
- Slowly breathe out and gently twist your body to a sideway. You need to twist it from your waist region. Turn from the left side to the right side and then move your head and hands together to the same side.
- Now, pull your arms back as much as you can at your comfort.
- Do not bend your knees.
- Now, breathe in slowly and go back to your original pose.
- Repeat the same with the other side.
5. Utkatasana (or) Chair Pose:
This is one of the top pregnancy yoga asanas that will help you to strengthen your thigh and pelvic muscles.
- Stand up straight and then place your feet apart (12 inches) and parallel to each other.
- Now, slowly take a breath and push your arms upwards at your shoulder level.
- Ensure that your palms should face downwards.
- Then breathe out slowly and lay on your toes in a squatting pose.
- While you are squatting, slowly take in a breath and rise.
- Now breathe out gently by bringing down your hands down.
Practicing yoga while you are pregnant is the best way to ease out various pains and aches. Moreover, this habit prepares your body to bare the labor pains. Talk to your doctor to know which asanas you can have safely at different stages of your pregnancy.
Moms out there! Did you practice Pregnancy yoga? Then do share some asanas with us here.