Pregnancy stretch marks are very common among women after delivery. You might get fine lines in the areas mostly prone to fat accumulation like hips, breast, arms, belly, abdomen and thighs. These marks might develop because of sudden hormonal changes or fat loss.
Eventually pregnancy stretch marks get lighter with time but won’t disappear totally. But certain home remedies might help you in minimizing their appearance. Over the months or may be years, the marks slowly turn into fine lines that are almost closer to your skin tone. In this post, MomandCare tells you how to get rid of stretch marks through natural home remedies.
Simple Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Pregnancy Stretch Marks:
There are some effective home remedies you can try out to lessen the appearance of postpartum stretch marks.
1. Oil Treatment:
Massaging the affected areas with natural oils can make your skin soft and even helps in reducing the stretch marks.
This exfoliates and moisturizes your skin. Moreover, it improves blood circulation and helps in reducing the appearance of stretch marks to a greater extent.
- Add few drops of oil on to your palms and start massaging gently on the affected area.
- Wait for 30 minutes so that the oil gets absorbed into the skin.
- Then go for a shower.
- Follow it regularly to have best results.
- Rub gently on the stretch marks in circular motions for about 10-15 minutes.
- Make use of a plastic bag to cover the affected area, turn round a hot water bottle on it for about 40 minutes as it opens up the pores and the oil gets absorbed.
- Repeat it every day for at least a month to get good results.
Vitamin E Oil:
- Pull out the oil from vitamin E capsule.
- Mix with a moisturizer and start applying on the stretch marks daily.
- It gives effective results on regular usage.
Different oils like almond, coconut, avocado, castor and vitamin E can be mixed in equal proportions and massage your skin.
2. Aloe Vera:
It promotes healing and eases your skin. Make use of fresh aloe vera gel to get best results.
- Rub it directly over the affected areas; leave about 15 minutes and thenwash it off with lukewarm water.
- Prepare a mixture by combining one-fourth cup of aloe vera gel, five vitamin A and ten vitamin E capsules. Massage it over the skin till it gets absorbed completely. Apply it two times in a day.
The antibacterial property of honey works in fading stretch marks.
- Get a small piece of cloth and apply honey on it.
- Put the cloth on the affected area and let it stay till it gets dried.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Or else prepare a honey scrub by mixing it with glycerin and salt. Apply this mixture on the affected area and rinse off with water when dried.
4. Egg White:
Rich in proteins, egg white helps in rejuvenating the skin and gives it a fresh look.
- Beat two egg whites.
- Clean the affected area and apply it as a thick layer.
- Let it dry and then wash it off with cold water.
- Put on some olive oil as a moisturizer after washing.
- Repeat it daily till you get better results. It improves your skin tone, and reduces the marks slowly.
It is one of the best remedies to reduce stretch marks. It exfoliates the dead skin, and turns stretch marks lighter.
- Take a spoon full of sugar, mix it with a few almond oil drops and some drops of lemon juice.
- Scrub the affected areas with this mixture before you go for a bath.
- Do this daily for a month.
6. Lemon Juice:
The acidic nature of lemon juice works great in healing stretch marks.
- Massage the fresh lemon juice on the affected area for about 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Follow it every day for good results.
- Or else make a mixture of cucumber and lemon juice in equal proportions and rub it on the affected area to get results fast.
Drink at least 10 to 12 glasses of water daily to keep your skin hydrated and cosseted from toxins. Water intake makes your skin supple and restores the skin elasticity. Good to avoid tea, coffee and soda as they highly dehydrate skin.
8. Potato Juice:
It contains, polyphenols, phytochemicals and carotenoids, which progress the skin texture.
- Cut a potato into slices and rub them over the stretch marks.
- Let the juice to soak into the skin and wait for about 10-15 minutes.
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
- You can also use potato juice or pulp.
9. Turmeric and Sandalwood:
These are known for their knack to promote brighter and even skin texture.
- Mix one spoon of sandalwood powder, one spoon of turmeric powder and add some water to make a thick paste.
- Apply on the affected area and leave it till it gets dried and then scrub it off gently.
- Repeat daily for at least 6 months to see the results.
10. Home-Made Moisturizer:
Moisturizer improves skin elasticity. So select carefully based on your skin type. If your skin type is dry, go for a cocoa butter one and if your skin type is oily, use cream that contains a clay or aloe vera moisturizer.
- Mix aloe vera gel, olive oil and wheat germ oil in equal extents.
- Use it as a moisturizer if you have combination or dry skin type.
- It can be mixed with clay if your skin type is an oily.
Exercise To Fade Out Pregnancy Stretch Marks:
Do some muscle exercises, which work on the areas with stretch marks. They improve your skin tone and regenerate the cell tissues. Exercise can tighten the flabby skin and helps reduce the stretch marks. A combination of balanced diet and exercises helps you feel healthier, and improves skin elasticity.
Swimming and Contrast Showers:
They enhance the blood circulation in the subcutaneous glands and improve skin elasticity. What you need to do is swap your shower between cold and hot water for micro-circulation.
Even after many tests and trails, the marks still remain the same, take them positively. Stretch marks will fade out with time and proper care. Till then have them as a sweet memory of your motherhood.
Which above remedy has worked for you? Share your ideas and experiences, if any, in the comment section.